Loewen Agencies Ltd. is one of the largest full time SGI Motor Licence Issuers in the area, with full services in Radville, Ceylon and Minton.
Auto insurance can be complicated, but at Loewen Agencies we can take time to explain the details and answer any questions you may have. We are an SGI accredited licence issuer, you can rely on Loewen Agencies to be your information source for any and all things related to auto insurance. From cars to trucks, minivans to SUVs, RVs to motorcycles, we can help you get the right amount of insurance coverage.
We can also offer additional insurance packages to take extra care of your automobile, such as road hazard glass coverage and loss of use/replacement Cost coverage.
How does auto insurance work in Saskatchewan?
Every vehicle (motorcycles, RVs, trucks, minivans, SUVs, cars) and driver who is registered in Saskatchewan is automatically insured by the Saskatchewan Auto Fund. The Auto Fund provides the minimum protection required by Saskatchewan law. For “private passenger vehicles”, this includes:
- A $700 deductible for damage to your own vehicle.
- A maximum of $200,000 in liability insurance. This covers damage to the other driver’s vehicle, and the cost of medical expenses resulting from injuries to others if a collision is your fault, in addition to damage to any property involved.
- Personal auto injury insurance, providing coverage for anyone injured in a vehicle collision.
Auto Extension (Package Policy)
The Saskatchewan Auto Fund provides minimal insurance coverage by law. Although, there are many situations in which the auto fund will not provide sufficient coverage for your insurance needs. This is why many people buy additional vehicle insurance, you’ve probably heard referred to as a “package policy”. It’s actually customized insurance.
A Package Policy Can Provide The Following Additional Protection:
- Liability insurance above the minimum of $200,000. This can provide additional coverage for damage to other drivers, medical expenses for injury if the collision is your fault and damage to any property. It will also protect you and your family if you are injured in a vehicle collision by an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- You can choose to pay a lower deductible with a package policy. Should you get in an accident that is your fault, your deductible amount options are anywhere from $100 to $500. You can pick a package that suits your budget.
- The option to pay a lower deductible for road hazard glass. There are deductible options of $200, $100 and $50.
- Replacement or repair cost coverage for a new vehicle damaged up to 5 years after your purchase.
- Coverage for your transportation costs if the vehicle is stolen or damaged.
- Coverage provided for you and your family if you are driving a vehicle you do not own.
- Income benefits, spousal and dependent death benefits and funeral expense benefits.
- Stated Value policies for specialty and high values vehicles.
Short-Term Vehicle Registration And Insurance Policies
Short-Term Vehicle Registrations are ideal for vehicles which are driven at specific time periods within the year .
- Antique-plated vehicles
Your Insurance package policy will apply while the vehicle is licensed, and coverage will continue while the vehicle is temporarily unlicensed and in storage, where it is at risk for theft and damage. As long as you store the vehicle in Canada, the policy covers up to the actual cash value of the vehicle. Each policy will have a different deductible for various damages, depending on your coverage.
Remember if You Plan on Storing a Vehicle
If a vehicle is unlicensed and is in storage permanently or is up for sale, an auto extension policy must be issued as an unlicensed vehicle that will protect the car to a specified cash value.
Commercial Auto Insurance Policy
Commercial auto package policies are available for businesses requiring vehicles on the road. Insurance coverage options are available for:
- Delivery trucks
- Long Haul Trucking
Cargo and Transportation Insurance Packages
Cargo insurance is mandatory and required by law for commercial carriers with a commercial “A” plated unit and a registered Gross Vehicle Weight of over 5000kg. There are minimum limits of cargo insurance required according to the registered Gross Vehicle Weight.
Transportation insurance covers businesses hauling goods in vehicles, such as couriers or light delivery vehicles, and provides coverage for the contents that are being hauled.
You can call or email us to help you set up a MySGI account so you can have access to SGI Services even when our offices are closed.